Military Museum exhibits Finnish military history
The Military Museum collects objects and images on Finland's wars and weapons as well as on its defence forces. The Military Museum's exhibitions span from wars fought centuries ago to modern-day crisis management.
Open exhibitions in Suomenlinna, Helsinki
- Military Museum´s Manege and Artillery Manege, Suomenlinna C77 and C81
- Open 9 May–31 December 2018 daily 11 a.m–6 p.m. Ticket sales ends / last admission at 5.30 p.m.
- Suomenlinna B79
- Open 9 May–26 October 2018 daily 11 a.m–6 p.m. Ticket sales ends / last admission at 5.45 p.m.
- Submarine Vesikko is closed from 27 October onwards and will open again on 7 May 2019
Collection services of the Military Museum of Finland in 2018
The Military Museum is transferring its collections in Helsinki to a collection centre in Vantaa, which significantly restricts the services of the museum in 2018. Customers are kindly asked to note the following:
- The Military Museum's photograph archive services are closed during 2018. Further information: Head of the Defence Forces' Photograph Archive Johanna Palokangas, email@example.com
- The collection services (loans/information service/ item research, photography etc.) are closed and will next be opened in 2019 in a time that will be announced later. Further information: Collections Manager Anssi Saari, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of the Military Museum